What’s in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell just as sweet.
Repeat after me: Butter brickle frozen delight.
Call it whatever you like. If you love sweet (or caramel, streusel, cinnamon, and ice cream, for that matter) look no further! You'll want a slice of this--and the best part is that it's insanely easy to throw together. Just pop it into the freezer the night before your big potluck and shebam! Instant wow power.
If Romeo brought this over to the Capulets' crib, he wouldn't have had to marry in secret. 'Nuff said.
Try this! And while you're at it, pop on over for more photos and wallflower-esque musings.
Butter Brickle Frozen DelightAdapted from AllrecipesYield: 8×8-inch springform panIngredients:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (16 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (14 oz.) jar caramel dessert topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 6 tablespoons melted butter, white sugar, and cinnamon. Press gently and evenly into the bottom of a lightly-greased 8-inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Using the same bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, and nuts. Spread in a thin layer across baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Crumble while hot, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together condensed milk and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Fold in frozen topping. Spread half of the mixture on top of cooled crust, then sprinkle half of the butter brickle crumb over this layer. Cover evenly with half of the caramel dessert topping. Repeat layering.
- Freeze until firm (best overnight), then remove springform pan sides before serving. Serve with additional caramel if desired.