I whipped these up yesterday for teachers and staff at my child's school. It might be too late for that, but it doesn't meant you shouldn't make some for yourself! I'm actually making another batch right now - the extra dozen I made are gone, baby, gone.
What's the Christmas cookie staple in your house?
For more recipes and pictures you can check out my blog at The Realistic Housewife
-1 and ½ Sticks Butter
-1 Cup Sugar
-¼ Cup Molasses (if you don’t want the full flavor they make mild versions!)
-2 and ½ Cups Flour
-1 Tablespoon Ginger
-⅓ Teaspoon Allspice
-⅓ Teaspoon Ground Clove
-1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
-½ Teaspoon Salt
-½ Teaspoon Crushed Peppercorns (I usually use a variety of colored peppercorns)
-Zest from 1 Orange (or 2 Clementines)
1. Cream sugar and butter
2. Add the egg and molasses
3. Wash and zest orange into mixture
4. Mix together dry ingredients in separate bowl
5. Add dry ingredients to mixture and mix well
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour
7. Heat the oven to 325 degrees
8. Roll into balls and roll in sugar (I like rolling them in Sugar in the Raw)
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes!