I didn't have time to film a gif that features their amazing texture, but please don't be the unfortunate baker who misses out on these! For many more photos and cookie butter recipes, visit my blog.
Not sure what cookie butter is? I got lots of questions in the comments to my post, so here's a description of this heavenly good!
Cookie Butter Snickerdoodle Thumbprints
Original Recipe from gimmesomeoven–yum!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 3/4 cup cookie butter (creamy or crunchy–whichever you have on hand)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For rolling: 1/2 cup white sugar, 3-4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 cup margarine, 3/4 cup cookie butter, 1/3 cup white sugar, and 1/3 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Beat in egg and vanilla, then add in dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup white sugar and 3-4 tablespoons cinnamon (more or less according to your own preference–I like more!). Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar until generously coated. Place balls about 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. (Note: The cookies won’t spread much, so you can place them closer together if you want to fit more cookies on one tray.)
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately press the back of a spoon lightly into the top of each cookie so that it becomes flat. Spoon approximately 2-3 teaspoons of cookie butter onto the top of each indented cookie. If you’re hankering for another topping (and I’m not sure why you would be, but just in case), you can spoon basically any other type of nut butter or chocolate on top of each cookie.
- While you’re waiting for them to cool, don’t forget to take my quick poll above. Thanks, and enjoy!