I love the ease and versatility of a pasta bake. You can make it ahead of time and it'll happily keep in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. Perfect for a busy week day dinner.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green chilli deseeded and diced
- 4 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper diced
- 1 sprig each rosemerry & thyme
- 1 chicken breast chopped
- enough cooked pasta for two
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs sundried tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbp olive oil
- cheese (opt)
Heat pan and sautee onions, garlic & chilli.
- Add chicken and cook for 1 min.
- Add mushrooms and peppers. Sautee for another min.
- Add a little salt, pepper & the herbs. Sautee for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes, sundried tomato paste and mix well.
- Add pasta and toss making sure that everything is covered well.
- If sauce is too thick, add a little water. Check that its well seasoned - the pasta is ready.
- You have two choices at this stage. You can either just eat it as is or you can put everything into an oven proof dish to be made into a pasta bake.
- If you're not going to make sure pasta bake immediately, make sure you leave to cool completely then cover with foil and keep in the fridge until you are ready to bake. It will keep for a couple of days in the fridge or you could even freeze it until you want to use it.
- When you are ready to bake, remove foil and grate a generous amount of cheese over the top before putting it into a preheated oven at 180C for 20 mins.
More on www.fussyeater.net