Love, Love, Love Cornflake cookies! One of the few things that make my heart sing. Its crisp and cakey, sweet and soft, chewy and crumbly. I can never wait for them to cool down enough, often burning the roof of my mouth with my impaitence.
Initially I was going to make some oatmeal cookies however, as it was National Day(independence day) in Singapore, I decided to make something my gran & mum make every year during the festive period. Living so far away from home makes you yearn for traditional family staples and this is the first time both my mum and my childhood friend were in Scotland at the same in August :)
Unfortunately I can't give out my family recipe however I am posting a recipe that comes a close second.
- 100g Butter
- 90g Caster Sugar
- 120g Flour
- pinch salt
- Cornflakes -start with 70g and add more as needed
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add salt, flour and mix lightly.
- Crush the cornflakes slightly with your hands and add it to the batter.
- Mix lightly.
- Keep adding and mixing handfuls of cornflakes till you reach the desired texture and drop consistency.
- Drop tablespoon-fuls of the cookie dough onto lined sheets, making sure to space them evenly as these cookies will spread.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 mins.
- Leave to cool completely before consuming…if you can manage to wait that long!
Click here for more pictures and tips :)