I whipped up some creamy garlic mushrooms during my lunch hour(I live next to my work) and put it on a slice of walnut bread. Best. Lunch. Ever. Its so so so easy and so so so tasty! It certainly helps that I have such a great local farmer’s market so close to where I live and they always have such amazing produce. This week we received a loaf of Walnut Bread from Alexander Taylor and a bulb of smoked garlic from Carmichael Estate. Happy, happy, happy
You can’t really go wrong with creamy mushrooms. Like I said, they are really easy to make. Takes about 10 mins to cook and 5 mins to devour!
- 10 mushrooms sliced - you can use whatever kind you want.
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tbps cream
- splash brandy (opt)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Slice of Walnut bread toasted
- Heat butter in pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms and leave to saute for about 3-5 mins.
- If using brandy, add a splash and flambé.
- Add cream and mix
- Season with salt & pepper.
- If sauce is too thick, add a splash of water.
- Serve on top of toasted walnut bread. Garnish with parsley if you want.
Click here for more pictures + more information on the bread and smoked garlic.