This is a dish that can be made quite quickly and without much fuss. This is down to 2 cheat ingredients - the first being good quality sausages!
1 packet Carmichael Estate Venison Sausages, uncased & rolled in spheres – (you can use whatever sausages you want)
- 1 jar passata soffritto
- 1/2 onion chopped (had it in the fridge and needed to use it)
- 2 Garlic cloves minced (love garlic!)
- 1 chilli finely diced
- 1 stalk rosemary finely diced
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 organic chicken stock cube
- Salt & pepper
- enough pasta for three(its actually for 2 people plus leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch!)
- Brown meatballs in pan that’s big enough to hold the sauce and pasta – medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, chilli and cook for 2 mins.
- Add a litter salt and mix
- Add everything else except water, salt & pepper and mix well.
- If the sauce looks too thick add a little water.
- Leave to cook for 10-15 mins – during this time, cook your pasta.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
- Mix well, check your seasoning adding more salt or pepper if needed.
- Serve in bowls topped with grated parmesan.
Click here to find out about the 2nd cheat ingredient + for more pictures & tips