Welcome to cooking, a community for anyone who likes to cook! Feel free to post all things culinary here; recipes, cooking advice and tips, questions, suggestions, etc. Please take the time to read the guidelines below before posting.
2. Try to use subject lines when posting to the community. This makes it easier for people trying to look for specific recipes in the page summary and when looking through posts by specific months. Along the same lines, try to tag your entries as thoroughly as possible!
3. Use an LJ-cut if you are posting an exceptionally lengthy recipe/article and if you are posting more than one image (one image may be posted outside of an LJ-cut). Not everyone has fast internet.
4. Do not post off-topic posts to this community. All posts must pertain to cooking and/or food and posts that do not follow this rule will be deleted.
5. When posting recipes to this community:
Please use attributions; if the recipe is someone else's or you've modified someone else's recipe, please say so.
Please don't post about a recipe and then link to it without also posting the recipe in the same post. This community is here to share those recipes and pictures and we'd like to archive them here, too. Posting outside links only does not preserve that information.
6. Do not advertise without a moderator's permission, do not spam this community and don't post self-serving posts. A self-serving post includes asking for votes in a contest or contributions to a project outside of the community. As mentioned before, you are allowed to include a link to your personal cooking blog (if the post meets the criteria listed above) but posts may be rejected at the moderators' discretion if we feel you may profit from the linked content in any way.
5. Be respectful. Rude, disrespectful, or inflammatory posts and/or comments will be removed. Please do not use inappropriate icons in your posts; "inappropriate" includes gratuitous nudity, pornography, profanity, or which include materials that refer positively to activities which are illegal. In addition, please avoid using icons which have religious or political content which you suspect will probably be offensive to others. Persons who violate this rule more than once will be banned from posting and commenting in this community. If there is a problem, do not delete or disable comments! Contact the mods here and the issue will be addressed.
6. Please do not post about the Neiman-Marcus Cookie urban myth or the Waldorf-Astoria Red Velvet Cake urban myth as they are both false.
HELPFUL LINKS: AllRecipes; A global social networking service and forum, which encourages users to post recipes, comment on and make changes to existing recipes and search for specific recipes. Epicurious; A website dedicated to recipes, cooking, drinking, entertaining and restaurants. FoodPair / SuperCook; Recommends recipes based on what's in your kitchen. Also gives suggestions on what ingredients would go well together. FoodSubs; The Cook's Thesaurus is a cooking encyclopedia that covers thousands of ingredients and kitchen tools. Entries include pictures, descriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, and suggested substitutions. Gluten-Free-Goddess; Gluten-free recipes. GroupRecipes; Almost 100% user-contributed recipe website that does an excellent job at making huge recipe database easy to digest and browse through. Browse by flavors, images, ingredients, popularity, and menus. HappyCow; The most trusted vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide since 1999. Learn to Cook 101 Measurement Conversion Chart MyRecipes; MyRecipes.com features the largest collection of professionally-tested recipes online from food experts at the magazines and cookbooks you love and trust. the Post Punk Kitchen; An online vegan cooking show. ReluctantGourmet; Learning to cook one technique at a time. SmittenKitchen; Fearless cooking from a tiny kitchen in New York City. VegWeb; Browse extensive collection of user-created and reviewed vegan recipes. Yummly; Yummly understands the recipe - ingredients, diets, allergies, nutrition, taste, techniques & more - so we can connect you with the best recipes. bakebakebake; Baking for amateurs, professionals, and everyone in between. bakery; The LJ Bakery and Confectionery. budget_gourmet; Cooking on a budget. can_i_eat_this; Food Safety For the Cheap and Adventurous. cheapvegan; Conversations about food and eating cheaply as a vegan. coeliac_recipes; Recipes for people who are gluten free or suffer Coeliac's Disease. food_porn; Get your drool on! picturing_food; Like to eat? Like to photograph what you eat? Then this is the place for you! trashy_eats; The food community where 'gourmet' is a bad word. vegancooking; The ultimate vegan food comunity on LJ. vegrecipes; A community for all kinds of veg recipes. what_a_crock; A community for crock-pot recipes.
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!