For the recipe
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes; roasted
- 1 10oz. package frozen spinach (or equivalent fresh spinach balanced)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic; pressed
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 recipe for a 9inch pie crust or puff pastry
- To roast the tomatoes; preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Slice 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes in half. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette, salt, pepper and 1 pint tomato into a mixing bowl and toss together. Spread tomatoes out on a shallow baking sheet and cook on top rack for 15-20 min until caramelized.
- When the tomatoes are done remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. Reduce the oven temp to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the eggs, heavy cream, salt & pepper until foamy using a hand mixer on low speed. Set aside
- Mix the prepared spinach, roasted tomatoes, feta and garlic into the bottom of a prepared pie dish with your crust of choice.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 min or until the egg is set in the middle.
For more recipe ideas visit my my new food blog. Happy eating!