I also have a new feature on my blog that lets you pin any photo by hovering over it, so if you're big on Pinterest, that's a cool new thingie. I enjoy hovering, unhovering, hovering, etc. I am easily amused.
1. Bailey’s Hazelnut Chocolate Tiramisu
2. Gooey Chocolate Skillet Cake Ice Cream Sundae
3. Chocolatey Red Velvet Pull-Apart Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
4. Thick Chocolate Cake with a Big Red (Velvet!) Heart
5. Coffee Mousse Filled Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Sandwiches
6. Salted Caramel Chocolate Trifle
7. Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
8. Gooey S’mores Bars
9. Fauxstess Cupcakes
10. Chocolate Pistachio Cream Cupcakes
11. Trashy Krispy Kreme Doughnut & Coffee Tiramisu
12. Coffee Mousse Filled Doughnuts
13. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Cheesecake
14. Bittersweet Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
15. Wacky Candy Cupcakes: Ferrero Rocher and Reese’s Cup
16. Black and White Croquembouche
17. Coffee Cookie Dough Fudge Cheesecake
18. Chocolate Tart with Pretzels
19. Nanaimo Bars
20. Red Velvet and Oreo Kisses
1. The Ultimate Moist, Fluffy, Ridiculous Coconut Cake
2. Buttery Coconut Almond Pull-Apart Bread (with Heavenly Coconut Cream Glaze)
3. Moist Fluffy Coconut Cake
4. Gooey “German” Pumpkin Skillet Cake
6. Vanilla Custard Soaked Pumpkin Poke Cake
7. Coconut Cream Tart
8. Buttery Coconut & Almond Morning Buns
9. Brownie-Bottom Coconut Chocolate Cream Cake
10. Banana Coconut Cream Cupcakes
11. Pumpkin Oat Snack Cake with Broiled Coconut Icing
12. Nanaimo Bars
13. Banana Coconut Cream Cakes
14. Tres Leches Coconut Cake Trifle
15. Oatmeal Cake with Broiled Coconut Icing
16. Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Coconut Cake & Coconut Whipped Cream
CHOCOLATE AND COCONUT RECIPES
1. Bailey’s Hazelnut Chocolate Tiramisu
2. German Chocolate Cheesecake
3. Brownie-Bottom Coconut Chocolate Cream Cake
4. Chocolate & Coconut Cream Pie Bars
And the recipe :)
|Banana Coconut Cream Cakes|
Recipe by: Compiled by Willow Bird Baking from Piggly-Wiggly (banana cake), Zoë Bakes (coconut pastry cream), and The Neely's (pineapple glaze)
Yields: About 32 mini-bundt cakes using the pan size pictured below
Mini-Bundt Cake Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter at room temp
2 cups sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, preferably at room temp
~4 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1.5-1.75 cups)
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
Coconut Pastry Cream Ingredients: *
1 can (14 fluid ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean
pinch kosher salt
3 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup whipping cream
Pineapple Glaze Ingredients:
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons pineapple juice
Preheat the oven to 350. Generously butter a mini-bundt cake pan or cupcake pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together. In a separate, large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat at medium speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each egg goes in. Reduce the mixer speed to low and mix in the bananas.
Mix in half the dry ingredients (the mixture may look curdled -- just keep mixing), followed by all the sour cream and finally, the rest of the flour mixture. Fill each well of your prepared pan about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way full and rap the pan on the counter to remove bubbles from the batter and smooth the top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted deep into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding on the rack. Let cool to room temperature before adding cream filling and glaze.
While cakes are baking and cooling, make coconut pastry cream. Heat the coconut milk, sugar, salt and vanilla bean or extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and corn starch. Once the cream is hot, remove the vanilla bean (if used), scraping out any remaining seeds and returning them to the cream. Add 1/2 cup of the hot cream slowly to the yolks, whisking as you add, to temper the eggs so they won't cook into an omelette in the middle of your pastry cream. That would be a bummer. Then pour the yolk mixture into the pot of hot cream and whisk. Continue to whisk with heat on medium-high for 3 more minutes. The mixture will turn thick and bubble. You need to continue to whisk for the full 3 minutes or the pastry cream will separate once it is cool. After the 3 minutes, whisk in the butter. Add the coconut flakes. Pour into a shallow dish to cool.
Cover with plastic wrap pressed right against the pastry cream. This will prevent a thick skin from forming on the surface. Refrigerate for at least an hour or freeze for 30 minutes. Once it is cold, stir the pastry cream to loosen. Whip the 1/2 cup cream to medium peaks. Stir in 1/3 to the pastry cream to lighten. Fold in the remaining cream until the pastry cream is nice and light.
When cakes are cool, hollow out the center of each mini-bundt cake (or, for cupcakes, you can use the cone method). Pipe in as much of the coconut pastry cream as will fit.
Whisk confectioners' sugar and pineapple juice together to form glaze. Drizzle over filled mini-bundt or cupcakes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
NOTE: These things are aaaaamazing served cold straight from the refrigerator! They're dense, creamy, cool hunks o' bright flavor.
*NOTE 2: This recipe actually makes twice as much coconut pastry cream as you need to fill the cakes. I split my pastry cream and made these with half, and a Coconut Cream Tart with the other half. If you're not keen on a tart, you can also just double the number of banana cakes you make to fill, or find some other creative use for the excess cream. I suppose you could also try halving the coconut pastry cream recipe, but I didn't want to fiddle with halving three yolks and a can o' coconut milk.
To see the original roundup post, go to Willow Bird Baking!
x-posted to food_porn, cooking, picturing_food, cookingupastorm