I don’t know about you but I adore strawberry desserts. As soon as the berry season starts, I take best advantage of it. Great ladies from Make My Cake Patisserie shared with me a recipe of perfect summer dessert. This dessert, strawberry galettes will almond cream, will for sure be a real gem of your summer dessert menu. And almond cream gives it a nice flavour and taste.
It’s not a secret at all that everyone is crazy about strawberry desserts. Ask any confectioner. And, meanwhile summer is in full swing, I generously share with you a handful of sweet recipes that I had once published on my website: Strawberry kissfrom Ruslan Vycherov, strawberry gazpacho from Jan Nguyen and, of course, strawberry cheesecake from the same fairies – Anna Bahonko and Victoria Gladchenko
I also have in reserve another cool strawberry recipe – Turkish delight from James Roy Oakley.
There is so much strawberry everywhere, and you are already jumping into your shoes and running to get a few kilos of these sweet berries.
Strawberry Galettes with Almond Cream
Strawberry galettes with almond cream
Recipe type: Desserts
Cuisine: French Cuisine
- 325 g flour
- 1 tbs icing sugar
- 100 g butter
- 50 ml cold water
- 500 g strawberry
- 40 tbs sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 ½ tbs starch
- 50 g almond flour
- 1 egg + sugar
- Berries, almond flakes and pistachio powder for decoration
- Combine the flour, sugar powder and salt.
- Add the butter and knead dough until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the water, knead the dough accurately and quickly until well-combined.
- Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut the strawberry into slices and toss with sugar and cornstarch. Mix it gently.
- Take the dough from the fridge, roll it out and cut 8 circles of 12 cm in diameter.
- Cover the baking tray with parchment and put the circles.
- Put the almond flour, strawberry filling on top, leaving the edges free.
- Gather the edges of the dough by folding sections of the dough over the filling. Put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- Brush the edges with whisked egg, sprinkle with sugar and garnish with berries.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle ready-made galettes with icing sugar, almond flakes and pistachio flour.